Saturday, November 19, 2011

Are Volvo cars expensive to repair and maintain?

My wife and I need a new ride, and we are in the market right now. We are considering different vehicles. I was in a serious car accident ten weeks ago, and so we want a safe and reliable vehicle. I personally want to get this local 1995 Chevy Blazer. My wife is interested in a 2000 Volvo S70. Are Volvos expensive to repair and maintain? Which vehicle should we purchase? The Blazer has 117K miles on it, and the Volvo has 210,000 miles on it.|||have the vehicle checked out by a mechanic before you buy|||All European cars are expensive to repair and maintain. The good thing about the Volvo is it has a very good reliability rating so it doesn't need to be repaired very often.



With that being said I would be very cautious about ANY car with 210,000 miles. That's a lot of miles for a car no matter how old it is. All sorts of things start breaking when they get that much use.



The Blazer will obviously be cheaper to repair. And since it's a 16 year old high mileage Chevy it will require a lot more maintenance then the Volvo so the repair costs over a three or four year period will probably even out between the two cars.



I would look for a low mileage Volvo S60 or even a V70 AWD wagon. They aren't expensive to buy and they drive great. I loved my Volvo. Too bad some fool rear ended me and totaled the car. Of course since it was Volvo I never got a scratch on me.|||well the blazers have poor crash test rating for front impact. the volvo is a foriegn made car so it will cost more for parts and to maintain. the chevy you can put gmc or other chevy parts onto it if anything breaks as most chevys has parts that match different makes. if the volvo has 210k miles that a lot for a 2000 like i have a 1996 chevy blazer it only has 240k miles and it had a lot of travelling done with it. overall i think your best choice would be the blazer it may not have as good of crash test rating but its bigger, easy to work on and cheap to maintain|||Forget those two choices: money pits at best, then there's the safety issue.





2011 Volvo's ranked 4th behind Honda in CR.





GM was about 12th.





=============





Dont buy anything w/o reading Consumer Reports, CR. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/index鈥?/a> A non-profit testing organization. Free site for basic info. Also @ libraries %26amp; bookstores.





------------------------





Honda ranks #1 in Consumer Reports for 2011. Subaru, Toyota, Volvo %26amp; Ford follow in order.





BMW and Mercedes were down-rated for reliability, with Mercedes in 10th place.





GM %26amp; Chrysler were 12th %26amp; 13th.





Vehicles were rated for performance, reliability, fuel efficiency and other factors.


. .


http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424鈥?/a> Wall St Journal.|||From what I know, most Volvo car's maintenance are normally scheduled at every 20000km but I'm not sure about the cost for it at your country. In my country, I would say it is reasonable. And if you ask for my opinion, I'll go for the Volvo.|||Neither one, yes the Volvos are expensive. Look for a common car, also safe, Chevrolet Caprice. If you want a real creampuff, as my uncle says, a Buick century - likely to be babied.|||Most older luxury cars are expensive to repair %26amp; maintain.





That includes Audi, BMW, Mercedes %26amp; Volvo.|||Yes they are very expensive to repair. What is worse is trying to find parts and anyone that will work on one.|||Volvo are good safe cars and yes they are expensive to fix, but these days what car is not?|||NEITHER Blazers are so unreliable and thats really high mileage on the volvo. Whats your price range?|||Just go to forums to hear Volvo horror stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment