Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why does my 740 Volvo make clanking noises?

I have a 1988 Volvo that recently started making clanking noises from the passenger side under the hood. It is very loud and only happens when I decelerate or am at a stop. I have no idea what it is but it makes me really nervous.|||There could be several reasons for this, check to see that the battery is secured tightly. Open the bonnet and try to identify where the noise is coming from. It could be that the timing chain needs to be replaced however with out being able to say were the noise is coming from its difficult to say for sure.


Ja.|||Volvo is da **** bro......|||Well if it's not happening all the time then it's not terminal. Just turn the radio up. I'd start worrying when/if something falls off.....which is unlikely. It's an old car, these things are to be expected.





Cylinder heads don't "blow"|||cylinder head about to blow,,,?|||gearbox or clutch...|||It's a 1988 Volvo. What'd you expect?!|||It's the timing chain, some are self adjusting. take it to the garage, can be expesive if not dealt with. I.E. it will blow the top end of your engine up.

No comments:

Post a Comment