Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is wrong with my 1988 volvo 740 gle wagon's fuel line?

I have a 1988 volvo 740 gle wagon and when accelerate my car dies. I just had the fuel filter replaced at oil can henerys and that seemed to make it worse. I don't know what's wrong. It will turn on and idle but when I push on the gas it revs a little bit then dies. Does anybody know what could be wrong?|||I doubt it is the fuel line. Those are symptoms of a bad MAF sensor, which the 740 does not use at idle. You can confirm that by unplugging the MAF sensor (right near the air cleaner). With the sensor unplugged the power should be way down but it should not stall. The MAF connector is a big trouble spot, too. You can clean the connector with isopropyl alcohol (shellac thinner) on a cotton swab.





New MAFs are pretty expensive. If you go with a wrecking yard sensor, be sure to get the right type. One type has an adjustment; the other one does not.|||You may want to check your actual hose,,,,the fuel line...It may be so old that the hose itself is wearing down and the rubber is worn out from age and perhaps non use. When is the last time you actually drove this car?


Good luck !|||I agree with Michael , when repacing Mass air flow sensor if the heat risor tube is still connected replace the air box thermostat at the same time. I still honestly would still take fuel psi readings also just for precaution

No comments:

Post a Comment