Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why does Vacuum hose keep blowing off the break booster of my Volvo?

I have a 1985 Volvo 740 GLE non-turbo. Whenever I try and use the breaks when the car is cold the plastic connecter between the break booster and the vacuum hose blows of the booster. If I let the car warm up 1st before I drive it the hose doesn't blow off. Does anyone have any suggestions.|||It sounds like you have a blockage in the vacuum hose or connection to the engine intake system, or a 1- way valve in the hose, perhaps even in the connector to the BRAKE booster, that clears after a time, is all I can think of. This might explain it being blown off, the booster bucket would apply pressure to the connection when you push the BRAKE pedal, that normally has vacuum present.


If so, a thorough examination of the hose, connector, engine connector etc. should reveal the problem.


Just had another thought. How is your brake pedal height when you first apply the brakes when cold? Does it go abnormally low? Perhaps you have some air in the brake system or another problem, that allows the pedal to overtravel temporarily, and the bucket/ piston in the booster is actually hitting the connector out.


|||get a new clamp on my buddys pontiac it kept happening either get a tighter hose or new clamp that sucks when u cant stop haha

No comments:

Post a Comment