Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Why does everyone hate Volvo drivers? Who do you see as the average Volvo driver?

i drive a volvo v40, and i don't think i drive any differently from any of the other cars i've had, or from most of the other road users.


why do we seem to have such a bad reputation?|||I don't particularly hate Volvo drivers. The few I have known are usually smart, educated, frugal and steady individuals.|||i agree with the above we are smart and definatly well educated so thankyou , i have to say volvo put safety first which is the most important i think,who gives a toss if its labled the so called old mans car it just goes to show quality lasts and better than bmw sh*t

Report Abuse


|||I haven't heard bad things about Volvo drivers. I've heard some bad things about BMW drivers and even about Saab drivers, but not Volvo drivers.|||Here in Europe that kind of suggestion sounds just about ridigilous thing on earth.





In here,driving a volvo is a sign of prestige, safety and that person is doing well financially as well as professionally.





So if someone on the road hates volvo driver, he is eighter poor, homeless, jobless or someway less intelligent individual and that kind of person`s opinion should not matter.|||The stereotype I've heard is that of smug, sushi-eating, latte-sipping, "beautiful people". Not that there's anything wrong with that. By the way, Volvo is owned by Ford.|||In London, Volvo's tend to be driven by Jews, and everyone knows what their driving is like, however, more recently, I think that bus drivers have been attending the same driving school as them, which would explain their pitiful driving too.|||I haven't heard that one. Nothing wrong with Volvo drivers, now BMW drivers, Taxi drivers........|||i drive an Volvo v50 t5 and know what you mean, the look on there faces when i overtake them !!!!


the worst drivers are ROVERS drivers|||A Volvo? I kinda forget what one looks like. I agree about the BMW drivers though, they really think they're the s**t, and recently I saw a raggedy one and I was thinking of how really hard up they must've been to drive it as such.|||i dont think there bad. its a car.....





my dad drives a volvo|||Unfortunately all Volvo drivers get tarred with the same brush no matter how good a driver they are. Motorcyclists in particular have hated Volvo drivers in the past due to the generic Volvo drivers' perceived "safety cocoon" which has, in certain cases, invited a certain oblivion to other road users and subsequently hospitalised bikers. Over the last 10 years much of this hatred from all road users has been transferred to 4x4 drivers for the same reason, i.e. the "I'm safe, stuff everybody else" attitude. White van man is at an advantage as a Transit T280 or bigger is one of the few vehicles (but there are 1 million Transits and similar on UK roads) that can intimidate Chelsea tractors, in some cases quite justifiably.|||I have had about 7 volvos, currently I drive a 95 940 2.3 Estate





Volvos seems to have the reputation of being an old mans car for 55 mph, nothing can be further from the truth





Volvo owners don't need their cars to be penis extensions with go faster stripes etc





All I need to say about speed is T5


Endurance well I will put my 940 against any newer car on the roadto be honest she only has 160,000 on the clock so still being run in, my previous one had 285,000 and was still going strong|||I'm a Volvo driver, too. I think because Volvos are safe and fairly expensive, there's a stereotype associated with that. I'd rather be a typical Volvo driver than a Corvette driver, to be honest. It's more my style, and I like the boxy look. :-)


(of course, it's not as Kleenex boxy as those ugly scions)|||what other car can do 900,000 mls and still keep going. Just cant beat them, and now they are far more attractive.


The police even have them! T5 of course.





Your old volvo typically was the older gent famer with flat cap or your school run mum...thats the problem!|||You should try driving a 4x4!!





people just like to pigeon hole other people, or they are not happy!|||The typical Volvo driver is a rumpled intellectual with a family, someone who is typically an architect or college professor who appreciated the inherent anti-consumerist slant of the decidedly unsexy Volvo yet who also wanted a car that was well-made and, most important, safe.|||LOL I drive a T5 - not noticed anything though!|||The fact that they are built like tanks with driver passenger safety in mind makes volvo drivers gung-ho cowboys on the road. They know from experience that the average fender-bender leaves them untouched while the other vehicle (so long as its not an artic!) is a write off! Frankly as a group they drive without consideration for other road users of any description. Now I know this is a generalisation and therefore not completely sound as a statement but only ONCE in the last 40 years have I seen a volvo driver acknowledge a courtesy from another driver! That should tell you a great deal!|||My sister in law used to have one too!


I think the majority of them are driven by older I own the road drivers! Men in flat caps with a terrier on the back seat.....|||maybe it's just you?|||Well I've had 3 Volvo's now 1st a 1984 240 GLE then a 1987 740 GLE and most recently a 1994 940S. I do love these old lumps but have always found them to be un-economical and expensive to fix. Would have another though as they are certainly the best if you own a caravan.





AND BY THE WAY!!! THEY ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT OWNED BY FORD!!!! BUT JAGUAR IS!!!|||someone who is in their 60's-70's with those dame edna glasses ha that can hardly see over the steering wheel because in their old age the shrunk so much... i see my great granny!!|||fat|||Had a neighbour dispute years ago. They had a volvo estate and believed they owned the road and pavement.|||I didn't know people didn't like volvo drivers!|||we have had many makes of cars over the years and one of the most reliable and solid cars has been the volvo Its the white van man that I have trouble with (we got our own now in the shape of a camper van)

No comments:

Post a Comment