Sunday, November 13, 2011

How can I stealthily kill my old Volvo so my parents will buy my a new car?

This might sound really horrible, I know, but there's a reason for it. I'm 16 and I'll be getting my license in October, and my family has three cars, a volkswagen, a saab, and a smelly, old, 1995 Volvo 850 GLT. My sister has been driving the heck out of it (she's 18 and in college now, so she doesn't need it anymore) So, the volvo is my car when I get my license. My dad is looking into getting a new car around March of 2008. My plan, however, is to accelerate that process by KILLING MY VOLVO. You see, if I can kill my volvo, then my dad will buy a new car quicker and in time for my license test. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And the solution can't be to drastic. Something like ruining the transmission, or screwing up the ECU. Thanks in advance.|||put some diesel fuel, pour sugar into the fuel tank, drain the coolant, and drive it hard! this will cause the engine to overheat.


AND THE MOST GREATEST OF ALL.


POUR WATER INTO THE OIL.


kills em every time.|||Brilliant suggestions...the outcome of all being easily diagnosed by even an apprentice mechanic.

Report Abuse


|||I'm tempted to tell you to count your blessings and quit whining... but instead why not give the car to a very needy family, or shelter or.... why destroy a reliable vehicle that will help someone less fortunate out. Transfer the insurance etc... and tell Dad it was stolen!

Report Abuse


|||if you get a new car in such an evil manner you will die inside it, screaming as the flames consume your body like the fires of hell where you will spend the rest of eternity, peace out|||Just consider yourself lucky youve been given a car mate, I'm sure you could pitch in some money or sav e some money for a car...|||%26lt;%26gt;You're right...it sounds horrible. You are inconsiderate and selfish. Being GIVEN a car to drive and then having the audacity to destroy it and place a further financial burden on your family is intolerable. You want a "better" car? Get a JOB and WORK for it, like your parents.





***I'm happy to hear that you do have a job and have learned to save money. I'm also happy to hear that your family has the wherewithal to get you a new car. But I stand by my answer. You will not learn responsibility by acting irresponsibly in regard to destroying the vehicle. Take the car that is being generously given and make it work for you. Learn to drive it safely and responsibly, learn how to take care of it and maintain it, help pay for the insurance (which will give you some idea of what it costs to have a car!). The rewards will be greater than having a new car handed to you on a silver platter; you may even get to like working on cars! Your parents will appreciate your effort and, I'm willing to bet, this is all part of the plan your father has- to see how you respond to the "car test."|||HAHA!


volvo's have a bad habit of never dying.





i know old cars suck....


i would run it into a tree or something.


that way you get there sympathy too!!|||you are making a selfish mistake...clean up the volvo...interior and exterior...everywhere...volvo's are sweet cars...once you get it cleaned up tell your dad you want to sell it to buy a better car! he will be proud of you and probably chip in a few bucks to get the car you desire....better yet drive the volvo save money for college get a great job after college and buy a vette or what ever...and look back with fond memories of the "old volvo"...your dad works hard...i wish my dad "gave" me a car when i was young...i had to bust my *** working to get one...|||I'd only wished I'd have had a car to drive when I was 16. No, I hope nobody gives you any help. The volvo is probably a good car, or you wouldn't be getting it. There is a lot more then how a car looks. If it runs, gets you from point A to point B, doors lock, all that. Give me a break. You don't even deserve this car.|||I have a fantastic idea. Get a job and buy your own car. If you can't afford it on your wages, then you should realise that you are very fortunate to have a car GIVEN to you. It does sound terrible....stop being a spoiled brat.|||Have patients. Your father knows best. He wants you to get some experience driving FIRST before getting your baby. How would it be if you accelerated your new car purchase by 6 months and then you end up with a big dent on your new car (from lack of experience). And yes you learn the most from the first year of your driving. Like most things in life your learns levels off so your first few years are always the most difficult and /or error prone. That's why insurance companies charge so much for young or inexperienced driver.





That's why he is making you wait. He is NOT saying he won't guy you a new car. Just remember that you are learning to get better care of the new car you will be getting.





====





The fact that you said your family can afford the new car no problem tells me that you haven't learn to respect your father hard work for the money he makes. How would you feel if you lost that $3,000 you saved up. Yes you can get more eventually but still it is your money. You should learn to be more mindful of the good gifts your parents are giving you.





God forbid if something was to happen to your father's income and you have to experience hardship (I'm talking real hardship). It can happen and in this economy it happens more than you think.








Good Luck (and be wise).





P.S. you are young and you must learn to be honest. Dishonesty and sneakiness (and bad personalities) become worse as you get older. Eventually everybody will know you as somebody sneaky (or dishonest) and you will NOT get the trust you want - even from people that you have NOT screwed over. If one of your friends hear you talk like this, even though it is not meant against them, but they will also wonder how often you were sneaky with them.





P.P.S. You write "I don't get why everyone is attacking me, lol! My dad WANTS to buy a new one." If you REALLY don't know then ask your father. If you won't - then you really do know.








===


Don't forget to vote for the BEST ANSWER - please - whoever it may be.





FACT: You also get +3 points when you vote for BEST ANSWER

No comments:

Post a Comment