Sunday, November 13, 2011

How do I get my 1983 Volvo to warm up faster?

I have to let my 1983 Volvo idle (for the first couple of minutes with my foot on the gas) for about 7-10 minutes before it will drive without stalling. After it gets past that point, it rides like a dream. What can I do to decrease the warm-up/idle time? Adjust the idle? Something with the throttle? Help!|||if it's not fuel injected you can adjust the choke , f.i. cars will have a temp. sensor to tell the injectors to run a rich mixture , when was the last time you had a major tune up ?|||definitely true. but, if it was injection (mine is 240gl-i) you need to make sure the sparks are well formed and all of the wiring and fuel injections patterns are normal. poor wiring = cooler spark, poor pattern = deformed injector nozzle = poor fuel mixture quality.





my 2 cent opinion.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment