Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why do Volvo drivers drive 5 to 10 mph slower than other vehicles on the road?

It doesn't matter the age of the vehicle or the driver but I have noticed I'm forever getting behind slow Volvos.


Any insight, especially from Volvo drivers is appreciated.|||Because MOST people that drive Volvos are safe and cautious drivers. (That's why they own a Volvo, a very safe car). I drive a Volvo S80, and I will admit I drive a bit slower in it than the rest of the motorists because a safe/slow/cautious driver goes perfect with a safe car, a volvo.|||If someone is going 10 mph slower than everyone else then they are the one being dangerous. 1st rule of driver's ed: GO WITH THE FLOW.

Report Abuse


|||You know that saying, "The car can tell you all about the driver"? Well that saying can be very true. Your observation is very similar to one of my own--I notice almost every Subaru Forester I see on the road has some sort of bumper sticker advertising World Peace, Coexisting, and generally sending a positive message. Likewise a man that drives a pick-up truck or a large SUV are typically arrogant and/or cruel.





The person that chooses a Subaru Forester generally has a gentle disposition and a kind heart, the person that drives the pick-up is the opposite, so in your case, perhaps most people that choose a Volvo are cautious and concerned, perhaps even self-conscious? This obviously doesn't mean EVERYONE that drives that car is that way, but you can assume based on observation that most are!





Having said that, it's better to drive slow than to speed. Less tickets, less accidents.|||I drive a few Volvos (and am very secure in my masculinity, thank you), and yes, when I drive I am one of those people who is right on the speed limit.





I buy Volvos because they are cheap and they last. Part of that 'cheapness' also goes to not spending too much money on gas either. I save a ton by driving the speed limit and for a few minutes longer, it doesn't really make much difference time wise. My 244 overdrive doesn't work, so it really sucks back the gas above 60.





There is also the safety thing. Most Volvos are sold on safety and part of that is slow driving. The severity of an accident increases by the square of the speed you are travelling.





However my wifes 745T will comfortably do 100MPH and that is what people see blowing by them (she can talk her way out of speeding tickets, I can't). 850 and 70 T5s are as fast as most muscle cars and 850 and 70 Rs are faster yet.





The thing I notice is that at the head of every highway line, is a VW Bus or Vanagon.|||You obviously are too young to have seen me driving my 1986 VOLVO 245 Wagon. My average speed on the highway when the traffic allowed was in the 85 MPH range. Even my wife loved to drive this car fast.


My brother, the Doctor, is 67 years old and drives his VOLVO S80 like a teenager on amphetamines. He's probably wondering why YOU are going so slow.





HINT - try driving at the speed limit and you probably won't be tailgating so many of them..................just saying !|||Because everyone else is 10-15 MPH faster.|||because theyre fags|||Because they look dumb driving a Volvo

No comments:

Post a Comment